Monday, October 21, 2013

Prayers are Answered.. With Exactness!

Well I just have to tell you all really quick that prayers are answered.. With exactness, that is why it's very important to be specific; for example, today we prayed that someone that needed the Gospel would find us today, and GUESS WHAT two people came up to us today and wanted us to teach them, but they weren't in our sector so we had to give their information to other missionaries, so I learned that next time we need to pray that someone in our sector will find us and be even more specific than that, because The Lord answers our prayers.  My companion and I made a list of answered prayers of this week;

1. We prayed for bread and someone brought us bread when we went to go teach a less active member.

2. Hermana Leavitt needed a ´´cool Chilean shirt´´ so we prayed to find an inexpensive one and we laterally opened our eyes from this prayer and there was a Jersey shirt shop with cool cheap Chilean jerseys

3. We prayed for a confirmation date for Sebastian to be baptized and we both got the impression in the lesson we taught him that the 23 of November would be good and we checked the date and it happened to be a Saturday,

4. We prayed to get in Raquel's house, this lady we've been teaching at her door for 2 weeks because she doesn't want to let us in.  had a feeling we should buy her diet coke, so before we went to her house I bought a liter of diet Coke and we went to her house and knocked on the door and said ´´Im too busy to talk today´´ and so i told her i bought something to share with her and GUESS WHAT. she let us in and we talked to her for an hour and then later this week we gave her the first lesson and committed her to read in the book of Mormon. This is actually a really funny story but I'm short on time so I cant write too much in detail :( Boo Hoo

5. I prayed a butterfly would land on me this week. (sounds way silly but I really wanted it to happen) and guess what; later this week a butterfly landed on my companion. Which I justified by saying we teach with one purpose so practically the butterfly landed on me.  She still doesn't know that I prayed for that to happen, so I should probably tell her

6. We prayed to find a someone who needed our help and while proselyting, I accidentally knocked on a members house and did a door contact!!  Way funny.  She loves me so it's all good. She invited us in and we shared a scripture.  She started crying and said we were what she needed because her friend was dying of cancer and she's been super upset all week.

These are just a few, prayers are answered every day.  I just love it.  In Moroni 9:21 this is a promise to us.  JUST REMEMBER TO BE SPECIFIC, because sometimes you get what you pray for with exactness :)

Also about Sebastian; he is my favorite. We found him on the street.  Intoxicated was a little less than what he was at the time, and he was acting like a fool in the calle (street). We ran into him and he wanted us to teach him right then and there.  We told him we would not teach him unless he was completely sober, so he promised us he wouldn't do any more drugs and drink if we came by.  He then reached into his pocket and handed us his Crack and said that we were angles sent to take it from him.  Of course we didn't take it, we just kind of left after we got his address, and ignored him when he tried to say anything else.  The next day we went back and he was not drunk. He was normal, and pretty awesome and extremely receptive to the message we shared.  We shared Alma 32 about how people can change and become better and be forgiven.  He has a long way to go, but I have faith in him.  He asks the best questions and hasn't drank or done anything all this week.  He wants to come to every church activity with us and isn't afraid to ask any questions.  We set a baptismal date with him this week and after we taught him how to pray the correct way, he said ´´Thank you Lord for sending me these ladies who believe I can change.´´ I know this won't be easy for him and he more than likely will have troubles along the ways, but we are here for him and were very grateful we didn't ignore him completely that night we first met him.

Now family... don't be thinking were going out looking for these kind of people to teach, just know that all people have challenges and sometimes just need someone to believe they can change♥  Follow the spirit and I encourage you to be around people that make you want to change for the better, not drag you down and always be willing to be a friend.  Be careful though.  Make sure the spirit guides you in all that you do :) Love you!

Wish I could give more details about this week!  I'm happily progressing and learning!  LOVE my mission.  Love Chile, Love the heat, Love the people, Love This work.

have a super sassy week!
xoxoxoxo
HERMANA COOK♥♥

PS: 
So let me, as Danielle's mother, start off by saying just three minutes after receiving her above email Danielle sent another email.  We haven't heard anything after her last email.  They tell us "no news is good news".  We believe she is safe and all is well.  I'm sure she was shaken, but if she has time to type haha and xoxoxo, then I believe all is well.  Just pray for her safety.  Also she mentioned in her email two weeks ago, she wanted a cool robbery to experience so she could come home with a cool story.  Well I guess she got it.  

her last email today!   "Uhm so we were just typing and a bunch of guys came in and robbed the hermanas in the other room and started yelling at them. I'm like shaking. haha she's calling presidente right now so it's all good but woah hey... gotta go. xoxoxx   (at this point I believe she had to leave her computer for a moment)

(Then, I believe, she was able to come back and finish this)
 Don't worry just wanted to tell you what went down. WERE FINE, just wanted to share an experience of craziness.   Pray for our safety and my Spanish xoxox I'm sending this to daddy too bye!!"

No comments: