Monday, May 19, 2014

MAMA COOK! Your prayers were answered!

MAMA COOK!   Your prayers were answered!    I have a Latina comp, Hermana Lepin!!  Full of energy and just how I like `em, SUPER SASSY! (:  President pulled me aside and told me that I have to work hard on her because.... well, he didn’t say wh,y but I can kind of imagine why.  So we will be working hard (:  Presidente is awesome, can I just say that?

Hermana Leavitt, Elder Smith, Allen, and Alderige, all are heading home today.  I was born into their zone (I arrived in their zone first) and now they are all ¨dying¨ I am really sad!  It is CRAZY how fast time flies.  They are all fantastic missionaries and I am sad to lose them.  But they all need to go home and live their awesome lives.  Time passes WAY to fast.... I can’t believe it.  

This week went well.  Hermana Taylor and I worked hard our last week and it turned out really well.  I said bye to every one Sunday in El Parrón and there were tears and laughter in every house we visited.  I am currently in an area called El Progresso, where ironically there has been no progresso!  YAY. in the Steak Gran Avenida.  SWEET!  It is about 1/2 the size of my other sector and we live in a house house (: It’s supèr cute like a little cottage!

But I am really excited for this change. Cambios are my favorite! 

This week went really well in the sector El Parrón. It was a long last week together with Hermana Taylor and me, but she has progressed mountains worth!  I am excited to work in this sector.  I heard rumors that this sector is pretty difficult but I am ready for a challenge.  I am excited to practice exact obedience with Hermana Lepin, I think a testimony of this will really help her and I know her previous companion, Hermana Earl, had worked on this with her while she was here training as well.  She has a great amount of energy which I am really looking forward to working with.  I hope and pray we can help build each other and the people we serve here!

This week I read a lot in chapter 3 lesson 2 in Preach My Gospel about the Plan of Salvation.  I haven`t read it really deeply since my grandfather passed away but I felt a wave of love as I read about the resurrection.  A country song came to my mind that has the lyrics something to the effect of ¨I`ll see my grandpa again and he`ll match me step for step,¨ by brad paisley and Dolly Parton came into my mind, and I thought about my grandpa and how that will indeed be the case (:  I love the Plan of Happiness! I can`t wait to find someone here to teach it to.  Service this week we helped a less active and his wife clear out their back yard of broken down pieces of a part of their house and Hermana Taylor and I got to talking to the husband and found out he has been hiding behind a wall of shame for the past six years because he declined going on a mission to Utah and I really think he wishes he would have taken the opportunity.  But that is where the atonement comes in and we forgive ourselves, move on and do better.

Elder Taffur is in my zone and I forgot to tell you all about Elder taffur but he is a prankster and this week I pranked them and told them I had special changes and had already left the sector and THEY BELIEVED ME and elder taffur apparently cried....... OOPS (:  and then the told the ward and then on Thursday when the joke was over, and they found out I didn’t leave... Everyone at the Noche de Hogar came up to me hugging and kissing me and crying thinking that I had actually left!!!!  So... it is official.  I cannot do pranks.  They never work out. (:  MY poor ward thought I had left without saying good bye so technically I had to say bye to them twice... awh :/  they are so great I will miss them so much!

Elder Tafur is a super great missionary.  I had fun with him and Elder Burhoe in el Parrón.  I will miss working closely with the both of them, but I am stoked for changes.

Love you all.

Prayers are real.

Fasts bring miracles.

And Jesus Christ lives.

Have a super sassy week xoxoxox

Hermana Cook!

No comments: