Monday, September 16, 2013

HEADED OUT TO THE FIELD TO EXPERIENCE BEING A TRUE MISSIONARY

OUR FIRST DAY AND NIGHT!  Our apartment has more mold than anything I've ever seen!   It's so fun to clean.  We couldn't go out our first day because of rioting, so we got to deep clean!  SICK NASTY :) but good companion bonding time!  
 ​I​ found ​a red sassy apron so I cleaned in it all day.
View of a rainy day from our appartment

1ST Chilean meal outside of CCM together....
yup. mac & cheese, hot dog & cokezero ;)






This... my parents and families is the first person I contacted, Raul.

You see in the CCM we got to go out on week 4 and do contacts for a half hour and try to teach people with our messed up Spanglish. I met a man named Raul. He said he had pains in his knees and with his family. I taught him a bit about the plan of salvation and Heavenly Father and taught him about prophets. He asked if he could buy the Book of Mormon from me, so I just gave it to him and he was so grateful. I asked him to read the last two paragraphs of the title page. His eyes got tearful and he hugged the book. HE ACTUALLY HUGGED it!!  Talk about some goose bumps I got. He also asked if we could take his number down and asked if Latinos could teach him so he could understand a bit better, which I wasn't offended by at all. It just means he really wants to learn :) It surprised me that he gave us his number and address because he was so happy about what we were telling him. This gospel really does bring so much joy that I never knew, because I've never been with out it. I sent a picture of his contact info just for fun so you could see my first real street contact in Chile :)

As we walked away I told him I'd be praying for him and he held my hand and we shook good bye.  He is about 50 years old or so and as I walked away I saw him open the book and watched him read it until he was out of sight. 

I was touched. I loved Roul and had only known him for about 45 minutes. The joy that came to him from us telling him about eternal families made me wanna take him to church right then. Landon Austin and Brooklyn, I only wished you could have seen this cute man. I don't know Spanish well but I used what I knew and the spirit did the rest. Other people at the park we went to, did reject us, but Raul was ready for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I can only hope he gets taught by some awesome missionaries since we weren't allowed to teach him yet.

I love this work and I know we are constantly receiving revelation as missionaries. I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith who went through so much to translate the Libro De Mormon for us and to restore His Gospel.  I love families and especially knowing they can be eternal. I will be able to know you guys forever yayyy!!!! Okay well I need to go. my testimony is big, but my words have to be short right now. love you all.  Please PLEASE keep praying and fasting for my Spanish.  It's a struggle for me with the conjugations and memorization's.

I'll keep you each in my prayers. Pray for Raul as well :)  He's a great man.  I hope he continues to read and find joy in the Gospels teachings. 
Chao familia! 
xxoxoxo
♥Simpre, Hermana cook

More Pictures:
My district leader of the first district, Elder McMullen.  He's so nice to me.  But this was an accidental picture we took.  Me, my companions and him.  The Latinos were like OOOOOO TRES CHIKAS!  So they were teasing him cause he had three girls around him and we were cracking up and someone snapped this picture.  It was also really awkward cause he like kind of ran into me so we were a little embarrassed but it was super funny!
 
This is me and Presidente Allred and Hermana Allred.  She cried when I left and said she'd miss me.  She was like my mommy and I always asked her for hugs when I wanted them from you. haha  Love these people they're great!
image.jpegIt's great you made a fake me!!!  Actually I cracked up laughing and it made me laugh out loud. its AWESOME!!!! ahh love you guys.   Austin:  ​I​ love you. your tractor is sexy and  ​I​ really wish ​I ​was with you :( Oh my gosh !!!! I'm cracking UP!!!!!!! LOVE THE FLAT DANIELY!!!!! ahhhhh. I miss you guys :( but it's great here.  This is MUY gracioso.  That pic of the fake me made me sad, cause it's a fake me!!!   It's AWESOME!!!  haahaa  Love you guys..

Goofy Elders saying good bye!
District 3
My second district (district 3) and
my other teacher Hermana Nina in red dress
District 3

Leaving CCM for first day in Field with Hermana Clearwater
Me and Hermana and Elder Gilbert. I just love 
Elder Gilbert. always so happy. I said I wish I 
could give him a hug and he said if that was
 allowed I'd be the first one he'd hug in the CCM♥
District 3 in the CCM.
Such studs.
FIRST SUNDAY out in the field in front of 
church with Hermana Leavitt.  I just LOVE her!


Completos!


  1sd day in field! New companion Hermana Leavitt! Wearing pink & white.
Goofy Sisters at lunch!





































Pointing to where I am serving on the map of Chile

This is part of my zone in the mission field! 
P-days are way funner in the field
We played sports today and I learned 
how to play soccer. I officially have a 
favorite team. COLO COLO!!!
Presidente Allred and Hermana Allred

Us eating on the last day at the CCM.
My 2 companions are across the table
from me LOVE THEM BOTH ♥








Me and my precious sweet companions, 
Hermana Castleton and The Gilbert's. 
They are so sweet. Elder Gilbert was
so sad to see me go. He said I lit up the CCM. 
He has the most loving eyes
Pretending to be held prisoners in CCM
SUPER COOL DOG we FOUND
I feel like a little kid here wanting to 
pet all the dogs haha look at its eyes!
One is ice blue and the other hazel Brown
Hermanas from District 3

No comments: