Monday, September 30, 2013

We found two people on the street to teach!

hola hola!

I ♥ the beautiful lavender trees, they remind me of Grandma Fisher
This week we were blessed with so many miracles and tender mercies! We found two people on the street to teach. Waldo and Ainoa! They both let us in and teach them and Waldo wants to be baptized. How great is that!  I seriously was expecting to go home with one baptism on my mission but it looks we have at least two lined up if they continue to progress closer to Heavenly Father.  Waldo shared a spiritual experience he had with us when he was on the operation table and said he saw a beautiful bright light and just knew there was more than just this life on earth and said he believes we didn’t come to him just by coincidence.  Which is great because guess what, we feel the same way! He was washing his car on Saturday and we went over and talked to him and he laughs now because the first thing I said to him was ´´wow senor, su auto is muy brillante!´´  which just means, wow sir your car is super bright! And then we started talking from there. Also He came to church along with two other new investigators this week!!  That’s more than the ward has had in over a year or that they can even remember.  We had such a successful week; the Lord has truly blessed us to be tools in finding these great people. 
We also got to teach a gospel principles class with all 5 investigators.  It went super well and it was fun to watch all their reactions when we told them new things about the church.  I hope they all get baptized and are able to endure to the end.  Our ward is great with helping us include and make new people feel welcome which I’m so grateful for! 
GOOD NEWS, our ward mission leader, hermano Medina, said my Spanish has improved like crazy and he kept encouraging me all this week and was a lot more open with talking to me as much as he talked to my companion because I can understand almost everything now.  He said he now knows the gift of tongues is real, because he didn’t think a blonde American could learn Spanish quickly!  This is way funny to me!  I feel like I have way too many blessings and I don’t want this to sound like a bragging email, I’m just SUPER grateful that I’m progressing.
My companion took this picture 
of me putting on my missionary tag,
when I wasn't looking
This week I tried to wake up an hour earlier for extra study but to be honest that only happened once because I couldn’t bring myself to getting out of bed, but I’m working on it!!!  Pray for me to have energy to do this this week! haha I know it will be rewarding if I can get extra studies in before the day starts. It was really nice the day that I was able to get up and do it and I know In order to teach the gospel we have to first gain knowledge. Presidente Cook went in depth about this this week.  I know, that to become a master teacher of the Gospel, it requires significant effort and a lot of sacrifice.  In the mission we all know the importance of the Gospel and its depth and width as well.  We can’t simply scratch the surface and expect to be a great missionary.  I know we will never learn all there is to know, but on the mission we have the opportunity to study the Gospel in a way we never have before, it’s a true miracle all the things I’m able to learn in just an hour of study a day.  The morning program of personal and companionship study allows us to combine our mind and the spirit for a deeper learning experience as well, which is very much needed! I’m in love with it all. I know it’s difficult for the spirit to inspire us to say things that we have never taken the time to study.  What I have found is that when we teach, the Spirit will put thoughts and impressions into our minds that are amplifications of the things we have already studied.   I’m truly blessed to be teaching the humble people of Chile.

Austin Landon and Brooklyn.. Keep yourself so worthy to serve missions. I want nothing less for you. Its way cooler to experience these things, than to just read your sisters emails about them. Coming closer to Christ was just a phrase before I came on my mission; and while you’re in the process of that, it’s like another world. I’m still the silly blonde sister you’ve always had!!! Just have a bit more knowledge now :). The mission changes you. It doesn’t change your personality; it changes your desires; which is a great gift that comes through the atonement.  These people here, who have never heard of ´´Mormons´´ before, are filled with so much joy to find out that their dead spouse is on the other side... and possibly waiting for them to get baptized and be sealed. I love this work.  I’m sad two months have already gone by.  It goes way crazy fast and I’m excited to get more fluent in Spanish and teach people more about this gospel! Stay sassy and Classy family.

Thanks mommy and daddy for being such great examples and helping me fulfill my potential that it said you would in my patriarchal blessing.

​Aww  Mom I miss you! The mold is fine. Don't worry! Promise.  We are switching apartments in a few weeks with no mold because the mission president was concerned too.  Also don'​t pray for me to be too safe cause I kind of want to come home with a cool gun story! bahaha seriously though that would be awesome!!​

The Patriotic streets of Santiago Chile
Sorry for my spelling, English gets harder to speak as Spanish gets easier. It’s a really weird process! But I’m grateful for the change because right now I ​need Spanish more than I need English to be able to teach these people.  It’s also fun to see how my mind set has changed too. The other day I was thinking about this! Before I was always thinking about what dates I would be going on and now the only dates I want to be thinking about are baptismal dates and CONFERENCE!!!! I couldn’t picture myself anywhere else at this point in my life. I’m so grateful for all that I have. Hugs and kisses for everyone from Chile.

Doing service project cleaning chairs
My companion is fantastic and I’m glad she was picked to be my ´´mom´´ in the mission. Love you and pray for you all xoxoxo

--Hermana Danielle N. Cook♥♥

HAVE A SUPER SASSY WEEK

Chao!

No comments: