Monday, February 17, 2014

Our Lord’s answer was one we all should know (: keep the commandments.


SO Staying in the house was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I wanted to be out teaching and knocking doors, but Hermana Castleton did well!  I am so happy with her; she is such a great missionary.  We couldn't resist leaving a few times to teach, but all in all I was caged in the apartment.  I learned a lot about myself and found a lot of answers to my questions this week studying the Bible, I actually forgot about some of the great parables and stories of Jesus that were in there.   

Lovely Boot
In my interview and email from Presidente a few weeks ago he talked about being willing to give up everything we have to serve with all of our hearts.  In Matthew it talks about a man who came to Jesus and asked: “What good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?”  Our Lord’s answer was one we all should know (: keep the commandments.  Then came his response from this good faithful man who did seek to be righteous in reality.....  “All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?”  We might well ask, “Isn’t it enough to keep the commandments?  What more is expected of us than to be true and faithful to every trust?  Is there more than the law of obedience?”  Yes, there was more.  He was expected to live the law of consecration and to sacrifice his earthly possessions, for the answer of Jesus was: “If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven; and come and follow me.”  He was being called to the apostolic ministry but turned and walked away.

As you know, the young man went away sorrowful, “for he had great possessions.” Matt 19:16-22.  And we are left to wonder what intimacies he might have shared with the Son of God, what fellowship he might have enjoyed with the apostles, what revelations and visions he might have received if he had been able to live the law of the celestial kingdom.  As it is, he remains nameless; as it might have been, his name could have been had in honorable remembrance among the saints forever.  We have the opportunities as missionaries to dedicate all we have to the Lord.  And I hope as I go throughout my mission I will be able to make my Heavenly Father pleased with the sacrifices that I offer   I do wish I would have studied up a bit more before I left on my mission and taken off a bit more work to make it to mission prep, but I am happy with the decision I have had since I was 6, to serve a mission... (And do it better than the boys-coming from a 6 year old mind set.) haha 
 
Just Do It!  Even with Tendinitis!
Staying in the house turned out to be a blessing.  It helped me bond with the Relief Society president and her inactive sister and her family opened up to me a lot and even asked if I would say a prayer!  That was the first for her sister Katy in a longgggggg time.  Katy came up to me after and gave me the biggest, longest, almost got awkward kiss I’ve ever received.  Safe to say I think she misses praying.  And I would too I know everything happens for a reason (: Even tendinitis!

Also too, I find myself always magnetized to the young women.  They have this magical glowing spirit that I can’t get enough of.  I am serving well in the relief society but I wouldn't be mad if Bishop Cea wanted to switch me!   Almost all of them came to church today and I didn't see them until mid-way through the sacrament meeting when I was doing the number for the people that were there (can’t think of the name in English) and tears came to my eyes.  These girls have nose piercings and thick dark make up.  They are Daughters of my same Heavenly Father and I just want them to feel loved.  Girls do not realize how big of an impact they have on others, especially the young women.  I too had no idea.  People would always tell me ``you have such a big influence on the boys you hang out with and the people that watch you`` and I thought.. that's a nice saying.  But NOW I understand it.  Brookie My love, I want you to know that what you do MATTERS, now and in the future.  Don't settle for less than what you're worth... which is a price above Rubie,s Jesus says (: So remember that.


My birthday day in my agenda drawn by my Hermana! Hermana Castleton can draw!!!!

Well, hopefully this all makes sense with the spelling grammar and Spanish errors! Love you all to pieces,

que esté bien!♥ (It is well!)

Siempre Hermana Cook!
Happy Valentines day!!! Hermana Castleton's mom got us these attractive sunglasses and the mustaches I brought from home I was hoping I'd have a companion cool enough to rock them with me! (;


Laughing our mustaches RIGHT OFF! Literally

Some serious sister missionaries!



A REAL Hair bow! It did this on it's own, so 
I bobby pined it and wore it like this in the house. lol 

I and Hermana Castleton be for our interviews

Wow can Hermana Castleton draw! 
She drew a picture of the Temple for me ♥


Hermana Silvia & I have been trying to 
get her to come back to church (: 

Latina SISTER INGRAM! They look so much alike 
in real life but I had to take a pic of a photo cause 
Hermana Rybak didn’t want to take one cause 
she didn’t have make up on!


Hermana Ryback made us a delicious dinner ♥

Elders on preparation day!

Typical streets of Santiago Chile




No comments: