Wednesday, November 12, 2014

We Saw Numberless Miracles This Week

This week went really well.  We saw numberless miracles this week.  The first being Ernan, yes, the man we met who was a little wasted in the street, is reading he Book of Mormon! He is out of town outside of Santiago for a few weeks but he calls us and asks us about the people he is reading about (:  We also found an investigator, Jaquelin through classes of English.  We asked her for scissors to cut out an invitation to give to her and after basically telling us she was too busy to even come out of her house, she invited us in and let us cut all the invitations in her house and she introduced us to her 12 year old daughter. After talking with her daughter, Valentina, while her mom was making us juice, she told us she didn’t believe in God because she has been bullied since she was very young and that it bothers her that her mom smokes cigarettes instead of smoking weed because she likes the smell of weed better. My heart BROKE for this little girl.  I couldn’t help but think I had never even heard of weed, let alone know what it smelt like at 12 years old!  We focused a lot on the young women’s values and she seemed to open up to the idea that there might be a God that loves and understands her... I realized that I have really taken for granted the things that have been taught to me in the church, which is SO not of the world.  I realized many many times this week the awareness that Heavenly Father has of each and every one of his children.  At the beginning of the week I read the testimony of Alma in chapter 34 and it brought me to think a lot about the power of the love our Father in Heaven has for us and Jesus Christ.  Love is really what makes us Disciples of Christ.  The sector is going well, the ward is moving along well and the leaders are working hard.  Hermana Olson is doing really well.  I know she has had some difficulties in her past sectors but I think since I knew her from before the mission we had an advantage to become more united y apollar una la otra. Sorry.   You’ll have to translate that because I can’t remember how to say that in English (:  Well... I wish I could write everything that happened this week.  But I can say that I am WAY beyond blessed.  I can say that I feel like Hermana Olson is like being companions with my cousin Haydin.   It’s like a powerhouse of spiritual fun. (:

Hope all is well with the family.  I heard Shannon’s grandpa died. :(  Can you please have her email me???  I sent her a birthday card back in July but I didn’t hear back from her so maybe the letter got lost or she could just be really busy.  But hey, send my love to the Tropia family and mom, go visit them and give them a personal hug for me please.  They are less than a mile away and I cannot be there with them now right now /: but I love you all. 

Have a super sassy week.
See you in 2 more fast Sundays
 xoxoxoxoxo Hermana Cook

No comments: