Wednesday, August 6, 2014

This Week Was Full of Tender Mercies.

This week was full of tender mercies.  I had many many experiences that testified that our Heavenly Father hears us and knows what we need to here/see and do.  This Thursday was a struggle to start our weekly plans again, but I ended my personal study with a pleading prayer asking Heavenly Father to please please help Hermana Lepin to have the desire to plan today, and in the middle of my prayer after I had pleaded for this, Hermana Lepin walked in the room and shouted ESTOY LISTOY HOY PARA PLANIFICAR !  I felt Heavenly Father´s love so strongly I teared up.  Heavenly Father is truly aware of our needs and desires and I know He helps us according to our tiny and specific needs. This week I read a lot in 1 Juan and 2 Juan (John) about amor (love) and in 1 Juan 4:18 that talks about how if we have love we don't need to fear.  I thought at first this meant the love we show to others, but as I started to read in 2nd Juan (John) I realized the truly greatest amor (love) that we can have is for our Heavenly Father, and we can show this by keeping his commandments.  I absolutely loved the Zone meeting we had this week about obedience and Joseph Smith (we read DYC 105) and el Campo de Sión (camp Zion).  This was another testimony builder for me that Heavenly Father is aware of our needs, it was exactly what I needed to hear to help me keep going and not feel helpless. The sector is doing well, this week Hermana Lepin was sick for three days with something in her stomach and we were only able to do 2 divisions, but they went really well.  Another tender mercy that happened this week was that Obispo Ortega the other week asked every one to prepare them selves through out the week for testimony meeting the following week, and the results of this commitment he gave was a VERY spiritual testimony meeting.  The members really put thought into their week to actually prepare to share their testimonies and it was an extraordinary testimony meeting.  Almost every one tried to share their testimony and the bishop had to cut about 4 people waiting off so that we could end more-or-less on time.  It was spectacular. this week we found service!  We painted a Lipigas company`s wall for an old investigator of ours with the Elders in our ward and Elder Marshall and Elder Miller. It went really well.  I wish we could have brought someone from the ward to help us paint, but it was too early for a lot of them.  Also, we tried to save a cat from a tree (Sounds odd but its a cool story!)  This man named Max came up and asked what we were doing and when we told him we were trying to help this baby cat, he grabbed his car and climbed up on top of it and pulled the cat down.  He asked us a few questions and in the end he asked us to come by and share a little bit about the Church with him.  Saving cats in trees is something I never do, first of all because I feel its a waste of time because there are a lot of cats in Chile, and second of all because I am not a big cat fan, but I felt like we could take 5 minutes this one time to try and it resulted in finding someone new to teach(:  We had to drop 4 of our investigators last week and we are keeping 2 that seem to have potential to progress♥ Also we had a cool experience with a pastor from the Evanjelica church.. we contacted his house and he refused to listen to us and almost shut the door but we asked if he needed a service and he told us we could do him a service and go to his church and of course we couldn't so we sat there trying to talk to him and he brought up fasting and told us that he fasts for 7 days and all this stuff so we stuck to the theme of service and sacrifice, and resulted in laughter and a visit next week. I doubt he will be converted but it was way cool to be in the street laughing and making jokes with a Evanjelica pastor and 2 Mormon Missioneras(: It felt really natural, almost like we didn't have different religions. ♥  He stopped being mad at us and let us talk and share a teensy teensy bit and said he'd ask his boss or something like that if he had service for us to do (: 


Well, as hard as these changes have been for me, I am grateful for them.  Every time I want to give up trying to work with Hermana Lepin and obediencia,  The Lord sends a tender mercy to keep me going and help me remember that trials are short and in some small way I am helping Him, although I feel like I am struggling and not progressing. hahah   I love my companion.  She has many great qualities I have learned from, she has a lot of good methods to teach principles in lessons.  I am just tired and worn out haha but HAPPY HAPPY (:
Well,,,, that's all for this week! 
 
xoxooxox
have a super sassy day ♥ 
♥ Hermana Danielle Cook (:(:(: 

p.s. from Danielle's Mother "we love it when Danielle finds Waldo because Waldo always sends me pictures and videos of Danielle and uploads them on Facebook.  What a blessing it is to have great members that will do this for our family...We love you Waldo!!

Hermana Lepin and me

Love finding Waldo! 

No comments: