Monday, March 3, 2014

Treat every day like it’s the last day!!


HI FAMILY!! I feel like it’s been a while (:

Hermana Castleton..Love her with all my heart!
This week was full of crazy feelings I have never felt before, like EVER.  I have received a lot of revelation from my Padre Celestial... oops.  That would be Heavenly Father.  Hermana Castleton and I shared a very heartfelt last prayer and stayed up pretty late talking.  In this prayer we told Heavenly Father all that we had done together, all we had accomplished, and the things we want to do better. Hermana Castleton and I will most definitely be friends for life.  I love her with all my heart :)

My Last Day with Hermana Castleton


This week it occurred to me we have a lot of ``lasts´´... last day of school, last day of work, last CHANCES.  As I watched Hermana Castleton on her last day in our sector together, she worked the hardest I have seen her work.  She persevered to the end!  We tend to do that I feel... Last day of school we look good for pictures and smile and it is almost impossible to have a bad day, last day of work, I remember I worked super-fast and sufficient.  Lasts to me, are just important as firsts.  They both leave a lasting impression.  I had the strong impression that I need to work like that.... but EVERY DAY.  Treat every day like it’s the last day of my life. haha funny, two country songs came to my mind (: but anyways... it’s true.  We should live every day like it might be our last.  Work hard, smile, suffer with joy and love love love. 

My new companion in the yellow shirt

So my new compañera, mi hija (daughter), hermana Taylor, Liberty Taylor, she is a gem! So cute, tall and beautiful! She has a strong testimony and 2 years of Spanish! haha  We are learning a lot from each other and we have had a really good week. 
Me and Hermana Taylor

I am definitely developing attributes of charity and patience.  I didn’t realize how hard it is to teach how to teach!  There is actually a form to this missionary work that I didn’t realize before until I had to teach it! haha my poor trainer.  I didn’t realize how much she had taught me.  Hermana Leavitt really was my mama on my mission! haha  It’s such a fun experience I can’t even explain it.  Studies become deeper and prayers become longer, every day. 


Our investigators:  We went by Juan Carlos´ house to tell him we have taught all we can teach him and he has to do the rest and act in his faith and that when he is ready to act and keep commitments, we will be more than happy and would love to help him every step of the way, but for now, we decided to leave him alone.  It broke my heart to tell him that. (Obviously it was a little smoother and worded differently but that was the gist.) and the day after we said that, I felt prompted to invite him to Maria's baptism, WHICH WAS BEAUTIFUL BY THE WAY, and so I called him... and he went. and he loved it. and he is going to decide this week if he wants to try and keep commitments and progress towards a baptism, or if he wants to continue being Catholic, so pray for him.  I don’t want him baptized if he’s not ready though. We already are working with over 30 less actives.  We don’t want any more!  Firm testimonies come first, so pray for that (:

Maria Gonzalez: taught her the plan of salvation in the street, we found her 3 weeks later, taught her the first lesson, and she agreed to a fecha for the 29th of March. (: But we are going to have to make it a bit later because she didn’t make it to church this week :((  We are hoping she is able to keep the commitments she makes with us  She is a doll and we are trying to invite her husband to come listen to us but he doesn’t believe in God... but wears a cross around his neck. lol  He is very smart like Grandpa Fisher.  We like him but he doesn’t believe in God for right now.  So prayers would be lovely!

David our awesome door man in our apartment!
This is DAVID!  Our awesome door man in our apartment.  He's super fantastic and is getting lessons and reading the book of Mormon!  He is quitting his job on the 15th :( We will miss him!!!  We will be sending the missionaries to his house so he can continue to progress and gain a better relationship with Heavenly Father! (:

This semana (week) was a big growing week for me.  I love my mission and all that I am learning.  We also go to listen to an Area 70 this week. it was super great.  His name is Elder Evans and HE WAS SPECTACULAR.  My pen was going the whole time, I was afraid I was going to run out of ink!

As we speak there is an Evanjelico singing very loud about who knows what.... They are feeling the urgencia (urgency) of saving souls too..... But there kind of not doing it correctly.  ANYWAYS.  I love you all precious family.  Hope you have a super sassy semana (week)! 10 more fast Sundays.

xoxoxoxo
Hermanita Cook!
Our whole zone!
Our zone activity

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't forget to take pictures of the surrounding area. Places like where you shop and things like that. Thanks for sharing stories of your missionary efforts.